I write all this just to stress how important organization and time management is. No- this doesn't mean daily organization. I'm such an organized person. I know where every pencil, every piece of paper, every sticky note is in my office. I mean how to organize your business. Today I should have wrote out everything that I wanted to do administratively with my business and assigned each task to a day. It's so easy to get caught up in your day, but save some time by being organized to enjoy the view. xo
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Thursday, June 12, 2014
I'm first to admit I was always one to doodle my name on my notebooks in school, but this is way more fun! There are so many different styles to address envelopes. Bold, elegant, script, print. Golds, Silvers, Neon, Black. Ahhh the options. This is perfect for wedding invitations, party invites, or just for fun. Here are just a couple of examples. (I'm a beginner so no judging too harsh, okay?) Have fun and be creative! Your recipients will be so excited to receive your snail mail. xo
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Last year I received a Nutri-Bullet for Christmas. Even though honestly it wasn't on the top of my list, I was still pretty pumped to receive it. Well, six months later I've used it almost every single day.
I've been looking for some morning smoothie recipes and this one is my favorite. I found the recipe from Glitter Guide, but I tweaked it some. It's so simple, so delicious, and so healthy. You'll love it!
Prep time: 2 minutes
Ingredients: 2 bananas, cinnamon, spinach and/or kale, Vanilla Almond Milk, almonds (optional), honey, and ice. Play around with how much of each ingredient depending on your taste preference.
Directions: Blend all ingredients into Nutri-Bullet or blender, and blend until smooth consistency. Add or subtract ingredients to suite your taste.
Vanilla Almost milk has 50% more calcium than regular milk, and using local honey actually helps with allergies! Bananas are full of potassium, which can help lower blood sugar and prevent against heart attack or stroke (FoodMatters.tv), and also help with digestive issues. Cinnamon may reduce inflammation, have antioxidant effects, and fight bacteria (WebMD.com). Spinach and kale have all sorts of nutritional value, including cancer protection and can help lower cholesterol.
Thursday, May 8, 2014
(1) Origins Mini- Facial
Origins offers FREE mini-facials every day of the week. Did I mention they were free? These facials include one-on-one consultations, exfoliation, personalized treatment, and samples. Include a gift card, or call ahead and give your credit card, so your mom/wife/grandmother can purchase her favorite product from her facial. I'm a huge fan of origins products since their products are all-natural and organic. She'll guaranteed to love this gift!
(2) Picnic at the Park
How cute is this idea? It's easy, simple and personal. Just grab her favorite meal at Central Market or Whole Foods and viola! Complete it with a comfortable blanket for lounging and maybe some white wine. This idea could be romantic, sentimental, or fun for the whole family!
Every woman loves breakfast in bed! Include a few hours for her to sleep in. She'll love it. Whip up some scrambled eggs, toast, fruit or her favorite breakfast and deliver it on a tray. Add some flowers and you'll be sure to get a win for this one!
Either DIY or gift certificate, she'll appreciate the pampering! Hop on over to Target and pick up her favorite nail polish color, foot scrub, nail file, cotton balls, and warm socks, and put in a cute mason jar glass or cute flower pot. Michael's has really cute colorful flower pots for only $1.50! An alternative is a gift certificate to your local beauty salon for a mani/pedi or massage. It will not disappoint!
(5) Movie Night
Plan a night in to watch her favorite movie! Get some popcorn, her favorite candy and wine/soda and you're golden! Not sure of her favorite movie? Choose a couple from RedBox and have her pick which one to watch- movies are only $1.20 each! Great for the whole family, girls night, or a romantic night to show how much you love her.
Don't forget mom this Sunday! And these last minute ideas don't seem so last minute. Also, beautiful flowers with a sweet card is the cherry on top to these last minute ideas. xo
Thursday, May 1, 2014
1. Guest List. First things first... always have a guest list to plan your evening accordingly. How many guests you invite will depend on how much food to make, how many drinks you need, and place settings to prepare.
2. Planned Menu. Planning your dinner for the evening is important... it's called a Dinner Party for goodness sake! But don't overthink it or overdo it. Keep it classy, but simple. Find some recipes online and try not to cook something new. Now is not the time for experimenting. Usually you will be aware of any dietary restrictions of your guests before they arrive; however, provide a vegetarian option just in case.
3. Drink Options. Usually for dinner parties wine or cocktails are served. Many people enjoy to sip on a little wine while dinner is being prepared and even after the meal cocktails are sometimes served. However, be sure you provide an alternative to the alcoholic beverages for those who are either driving or don't drink alcohol. This needs to be something besides water, such as soda, juice or sparkling water. Don't forget the after dinner coffee, complete with creamers and sugar options.
4. Tablescape Design. Here's the fun part (in my opinion)! Pick a pattern or color for your table setting you'd like to center your theme around. Suite your place mats, table runner, table cloth, napkins, and/or flowers around this theme. Your guests will be very impressed by this! It's also fun to have a menu and name placeholders at each place setting, provided by yours truly of course (just kidding)! This could be a fun do-it-yourself project, but obviously not a necessity.
5. Ambient Music. Crickets. The most dreaded sound of a dinner party is no sound at all! We all dislike awkward silences, so some nice ambient music, or background music, is a good idea to have. Pick something appropriate and remember it's meant to be heard in the background so classical or jazz is always a good choice.
6. Clean and Tidy. Be sure your house is tidy before guests arrive. No need for it to be spick and span, but be sure it's clean and tidy for your guests. Also keep the temperate of your house in mind. Monitor the thermastat throughout the evening to keep a consistent and comfortable.
7. Welcoming. Create a warm and inviting home as your guests arrive. If it's cold outside, light a fire and collect their coats. If it's summer, greet your guests with a summer drink or cocktail. Make your guests feel at home!
We hope this check list makes your next dinner party go smoothly. Apply them to your next event and we guarantee a successful evening. xo
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Prepare your wardrobe for the upcoming summer soirees with these fab skirts! Whether you're hosting or attending, these lovely skirts are an easy way to create a flawless outfit. They are perfect to wear with a fitted white shirt or breezy chambray top. Pair with your favorite accessories to dress up or down the outfit according to the mood of your party. Slip on a pair of your best wedges or flats and you're set for your summer socials. xo
1- Jcrew Jcrew.com 2- Dorothy Perkins dorothyperkins.com 3- Rivers Island riversisland.com 4- Jcrew jcrew.com 5- Far Fetch farfetch.com
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Sunday, February 9, 2014
If you're doing your own wedding invitations, keeping to tradition may be seem a little tricky. Don't worry!-- Use this simple guide to format your own invitation wording. Nowadays invitation text isn't as traditional as our mothers' generation, so feel free to mix it up a bit.
Monday, January 27, 2014
Sunday, January 12, 2014
We are loving these original and handmade entertaining items on Etsy! What's more special than a one-of-a-kind dining piece to show off at a dinner party?
Paper Mache Bowl by etco
Porcelain Ring Dish by theobjectenthusiast
Hand drawn coaster by wandersketch
Burlap dinnerware by Farmhousemud
Driftwood coasters by Railis
Handpainted mugs by MaryElizabethArts
Linen Napkins by pillowlink